Mr Abhay Chopada has been recognized by Tatler Magazine in their 2007 and 2013 Doctor’s Guides as one of the Top Surgical Gastroenterologists in UK for his clinical expertise in General and Colorectal Surgery.
He completed his MBBS in 1989 from the University Of Pune, India, with several academic honours. Mr Abhay Chopada was also awarded a Master’s degree in Surgery from the University Of Pune, India in 1992. Following his surgical training in India his research interest in molecular changes and angiogenesis of colon cancer resulted in award of a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences (Surgical Sciences) in 2001 from the University of London. Mr Chopada also successfully completed the North Thames (East) Higher Surgical Scheme from University College London Hospital in 2003.
Upon completion, the ethnic diversity and richness of the boroughs of Ealing, Harrow and Southall attracted him to a Consultant position based at Ealing Hospital NHS Trust since December 2003.
With his strong academic background Mr Chopada has published several research papers in General Surgery and Coloproctology. He is also deeply involved in teaching medical students and is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College School of Medicine, London.
- Management of all gastrointestinal problems like rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, chronic diarrhoea, indigestion, constipation, change in bowel habits etc.
- Endoscopy including colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Painless surgery for Haemorrhoids –PPH /HAL
- Hernia repair –open and keyhole ( laparoscopic)
- Keyhole Surgery for Gallstones ( Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Surgery for anal conditions like fissure, fistula, piles
- Treatment of Pilonidal sinus disease
- Surgery for Colon polyps and Colon cancer
- Management of diverticular disease, IBD and IBS
- Laparoscopic surgery including lap.cholecytectomy and lap appendicectomy
- Removal of lumps, skin lesions
- All EMERGENCY SURGERY including Laparoscopic appendicectomy, Management of obstruction, abdominal pain etc.
Professional Memberships and Associations
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACGBI)
- European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Intercollegiate Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons.
Know More About Abhay Chopada